|Company||Direction Home (Law) LLP|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Cashier to join our Central Services team as soon as possible. This role is full time, covering 8.30 – 17.00, Monday to Friday.
Our Accounts department is extremely busy and work to strict deadlines on a daily basis, therefore the ability to effectively prioritise workloads and stay calm under pressure is essential to the overall success of the team.
We are a hardworking, friendly team with a ‘can do’ approach to getting our work done, therefore we welcome applications from likeminded people.
- Processing of CHAPS, BACS, Faster Payments;
- Processing client to office transfers for payment of bills;
- Reviewing bills and completion statements;
- Posting of invoices;
- Preparing cheques for signature;
- Allocating and posting credit payments;
- Liaising with other departments within the firm;
- Dealing with queries from fee earners and support staff via email and telephone;
- Filing and other administrative tasks;
- Ensuring compliance with the SAR, Money Laundering Regulations and VAT requirements, as part of daily duties;
- To administer daily work within the restrictions of GDPR, Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme and Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- To adhere to policies and procedures of the Firm;
- To undertake additional tasks as deemed reasonable to meet the needs of the team in the delivery of excellent client service.
Ideally you will have worked in a similar legal setting for at least 2 years and are able to confidently demonstrate your knowledge and skillset within an accounts department.
- Have experience of working within a similar role.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in bank payments, receipts and reconciliations and general billing.
- Have an understanding of purchase ledger and nominal ledger and will have an understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and have the necessary enthusiasm and drive to work within the legal sector.
- Have strong customer service skills and able to work to various deadlines.
- Can demonstrate experience in bank payments, receipts and reconciliation and general billing;
- Shows a good understanding of purchase ledger and nominal ledger;
- Has an understanding of Solicitors Accounts Rules;
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Possesses strong client services skills;
- Has excellent IT skills and comfortable in using Microsoft Office.
- Has experience using an accounting case management system for legal practices. We use ‘Partner4Windows’ and it would be great if you have used this, but is not essential as we will provide training.
- Has a minimum of 5 GCSEs A – C or equivalent. It is essential that you have a B or above in GCSE mathematics or equivalent.