Cybercrime and fraud is one of the top risks facing law firms. Sophisticated fraudsters are targeting law firms to defraud money. These attacks can cause huge damage and present a real danger to firms and their clients which can lead to a multitude of regulatory, reputational and business challenges.
"Excellent, completely relevant and exactly at the right level. Really valuable information and lots to follow up on" Delegate, Nov 2015
This workshop explains some of the risks being faced and the latest threats to law firms. It will offer useful tips and everyday solutions to reduce the risk of being a victim of fraud and cybercrime. Increase your awareness to protect your clients and your business!
Who is it for?
This workshop is suitable for anyone working in a SME legal business and in particular for COFAs, COLPs, managing partners, solicitors, CEOs, heads of risk and operations, accounts and IT personnel, office managers, business/practice managers and directors.
What will you gain?
- Keep your law firm safe - what can you and your firm do?
- Learn the techniques used by hackers - how do they target law firms?
- Cyber safety – learn useful tips and tools on cyber safety
- Tailored for the legal industry including case studies/examples
What will it cover?
- Introduction and latest statistics
- Why should you care about it
- Bogus law firms
- Virus, ransomware and malware attacks
- Email and internet
- Social Media and publicly available information
- Your clients and client money
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Loss of data and data protection
- Bad habits
- Cyber security - Usability vs Protection
- Get the basics right!
What are the costs?
A half day training, workbook and additional helpful material.
- ILFM Members £95.00
- Non Members £125.00
Not a Member? You can join to get the generous Membership savings. It's just £105+VAT per year More info or to join..
3 CPD points can be claimed