Cybercrime and fraud is one of the top risks facing law firms. This half day training explains some of the risks being faced and the latest threats. The threats will sound frightening but they are real so this workshop will inform you of the risks so you can feedback to your firms with ideas and raise awareness of the issues.
"Excellent, completely relevant and exactly at the right level. Really valuable information and lots to follow up on" Delegate, Nov 2015
- Friday afternoon fraud cost the industry £50m within 6 weeks according to QBE insurers. Read more >
- 700 plus reports of bogus law firms were made to the SRA in 2014 up from 548 in previous year
- Human error was involved in more than 95% of all cyber security incidents investigated in 2014
- The average company goes 229 days before realising they have been breached
- 250,000 new malware viruses everyday
- 30,000 new infected websites everyday - 80% were small business websites
This course will not include constant technical jargon and phrases to confuse you! We speak in plain English!
Who is it for?
This workshop is for COFAs, COLPs, managing partners, solicitors, CEOs, heads of risk and operations, accounts and IT personnel, office managers, business/practice managers and directors working in a SME legal business
What will you gain?
- An insight into some of the risks being faced and the latest threats to law firms.
- Useful tips and everyday solutions to reduce the risk of being a victim of fraud and cybercrime.
- Increase your awareness to protect your clients and your business!
What will it cover?
- The faceless enemy
- Introduction and latest statistics
- Why should you care about it
- The threats faced
- Bogus law firms
- Virus, ransomware and malware attacks
- Email and internet
- Social Media and publically available information
- Impact of an attack
- Your clients and client money
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Loss of data and data protection
- What can be done?
- Bad habits
- Cyber security - Usability vs Protection
- Get the basics right!
What are the costs?
A half day training, workbook and additional helpful material.
- ILFM Members £95.00
- Non Members £125.00
Not a Member? You can join to get the generous Membership savings. It's just £97+VAT per year More info or to join..
3 CPD points can be claimed