The Institute of Legal Finance and Management (ILFM) is the UK’s leading membership organisation in the legal sector that provides a range of services designed exclusively for legal finance experts and legal management professionals, such as legal cashiers and practice managers.
By offering regular and industry-relevant training courses, regulatory information, a live chat support feature, and an industry magazine, the ILFM has become the ‘go to’ for thousands of leading professionals, including those considering a new career in the legal sector.
You don't have to be a student to be a member and you don't have to study with us, many of our members simply work in the legal finance sector.
For just £105 (+VAT) per year, ILFM members benefit from a range of supportive features:
- Accessible, easy-to-digest information, updates and advice
- ** NEW ** Full free access to our Video Training Modules - and supporting resource material
- Training courses - Big Savings with Member Discounts
- Industry magazine 'Legal Abacus'
- Member Queries support and live chat online support
- Downloadable tools and resources
- Discounted access to annual conference
- Industry and lifestyle discounts
Who can become a member?
Membership is open to everyone who has a professional interest in legal accounting, management and compliance, including:
- Cashiers and accountants working in legal practices
- Practice Managers, Finance Directors and non-lawyer partners/managers
- Solicitors, Legal Executives and similarly recognised professionals
- Members of accountancy professions
- Suppliers and consultants to the legal industry
ILFM members can progress through five levels of membership, with all new members starting as either an ordinary or an affiliated professional member.
All members must be over 16 years old.
By starting or renewing membership of the Institute of Legal Finance & Management you hereby agree to be a member of the Company and to be bound by its Articles of Association.