The Institute of Legal Finance and Management (ILFM) is the UK’s leading membership organisation in the legal sector that provides a range of services designed exclusively for legal finance experts and legal management professionals, such as legal cashiers and practice managers.
By offering regular and industry-relevant training courses, regulatory information, a live chat support feature, and an industry magazine, the ILFM has become the ‘go to’ for thousands of leading professionals, including those considering a new career in the legal sector.
You don't have to be a student to be a member and you don't have to study with us, many of our members simply work in the legal finance sector.
For just £105 (+VAT) per year, ILFM members benefit from a range of supportive features:
- ** NEW ** Full free access to ILFMConnect - Together we're building a community of Legal Finance Professionals
- Accessible, easy-to-digest information, updates and advice
- ** NEW ** Full free access to our Video Training Modules - and supporting resource material
- Training courses - Big Savings with Member Discounts
- Industry magazine 'Legal Abacus'
- Member Queries support and live chat online support
- Downloadable tools and resources
- Discounted access to annual conference
- Industry and lifestyle discounts
Who can become a member?
Membership is open to everyone who has a professional interest in legal accounting, management and compliance, including:
- Cashiers and accountants working in legal practices
- Practice Managers, Finance Directors and non-lawyer partners/managers
- Solicitors, Legal Executives and similarly recognised professionals
- Members of accountancy professions
- Suppliers and consultants to the legal industry
ILFM membership progresses through five levels of membership, with all new members starting as either a Member or an Affiliated Professional Member.
All members must be over 16 years old.
By starting or renewing membership of the Institute of Legal Finance & Management you hereby agree to be a member of the Company and to be bound by its Articles of Association.