A one day workshop dedicated to the compliance role of COFA.
"Really enjoyed the COFA training course I recently attended, it was captivating and enjoyable.
Sarah was a great trainer and I would highly recommend this course. I really enjoyed the case
studies throughout the day to apply what I was being taught". Jessica, Legal Cashier
The first session covers the role and duties of the COFA, implementing systems to enable you to monitor and identify breaches, dealing with your regulator, reporting, behaviour compliance and training.
The second session covers the 2011 SRA Accounts Rules changes, interactive sessions with practical examples of what to look for to ensure you are compliant and reviewing systems and controls to ensure they are operating effectively
Who is it for?
This workshop is for COFAs, members of an accounts team or staff supporting the COFA in their role
What will you gain?
A deeper understanding of what can go wrong within a firm and the warning signs which could indicate potential problems when reviewing reconciliations prepared by others
What will it cover?
- The history of the COFA role
- Systems, procedures and reporting to monitor and identify breaches whilst overseeing compliance
- Breaches (firm vs. COFA responsibilities), dealing with your regulator and Accountants Report
- Behaviour compliance and internal communication
- An interactive informal session with practical examples and scenarios which are designed to highlight key areas that the COFA, or supporting COFA should be considering and reviewing.
What are the costs?
A full day training, workbook & full lunch is included.
Early Bird Savings of 10% (Book 6 weeks in advance)
- ILFM Members £175.50
- Non Members £265.50
- ILFM Members £195.00
- Non Members £295.00
3 CPD points can be claimed for each session (6 for the full day)
"I found the training to be very useful as it covered relevant topics which affect the COFA. A lot of other COFA training is not very specific or focussed". LG, London
"Excellent course, delivered by the knowledgeable and approachable Richard Hill. Enjoyable as well as informative. Essential content".