With just a few weeks to go until the start of our conference celebrating the Institute’s 40th anniversary, you still have an opportunity to book your place at our early-bird discounted rate.
For me, these are the highlights I’m most looking forward to.
1. I’m now in my fourth year as CEO and our team has been making fantastic progress in enhancing services to our members. Our training and education are in turbo-drive, with more students and attendees this year even than last year. This year’s first-rate conference will add even more value, as it rounds off our 40th anniversary year.
2. I’ll be sharing a full progress report with members at the event, so make sure you come along to hear the latest updates, news and plans.
3. We have some outstanding speakers again, who this year be covering everything from GDPR - and what’s happened since it came into effect on 25 May - to legal VAT and so much more. I don’t know about you, but, apart from the odd podcast or video, it’s very rare that I have the chance to sit and listen to experts in our industry.
4. We are very grateful for the continued support of the SRA and its director of policy will bring us the latest news on the new Account Rules, together, hopefully, with updates from the Legal Services Board. Relating real-life scenarios, he will also share details of how the new rules have been designed to help your finance department work better and smarter. As you can imagine, with so much change in the last twelve months, our speakers have a wealth of knowledge to share with us.
5. We are delighted that we shall again grasp the opportunity to work closely with our key partners and sponsors. This collaboration always brings with it great ideas for sharing, cooperation and coworking over the next twelve months.
6. I take every opportunity to speak with members during the year, but having so many of you together at the conference is a fantastic opportunity for me to hear about what you want from the Institute, to receive feedback, to float ideas and, most importantly, to pick your super smart and very valuable brains!
7. One particular lesson I took away from last year’s conference was that each conference gives me the privilege of hearing about the daily dilemmas faced by our members in legal accounts and management teams. This understanding enables us to work out how we as an Institute can best support you and your needs.
8. We have a great venue this year in Birmingham. I’ve been delighted that many of my meetings these days are in Birmingham and it’s so easy to travel there from many different directions. Our conference venue this year is very central and close to New Street Station. We recognised that, with so many of our members living and working in the Midlands, Wales and in the West of the UK, the location of this year’s conference will make attending much easier for them. Please pass on the word to your colleagues and encourage them to join us – and, of course, remember to book your own place here!
I look forward to seeing you there for 10am on Friday 16th November.
With all good wishes
Our Conference Sponsors..