This training provides a whistle stop tour through all the key responsibilities of a practice manager and provides practical insight into many areas of the day-to-day management of a legal practice.
"An extremely informative day. Sarah Charlton was an excellent tutor. The session was very interactive which I found extremely helpful. I would definitely attend another training course run by Sarah". June 2016
Who is it for?
What will you gain?
- This training is designed to provide you with practical advice, tools to handle the most difficult situations and the opportunity to discuss challenges and opportunities with others.
- This training provides practical advice from an experienced and highly respected practice manager who has the most up to date and hands on knowledge of the problems faced by practice managers.
- The ILFM Practice Management training is unique in its approach and delivery promoting an informal discursive atmosphere, but with reference to real life experiences and solutions to day to day issues faced within legal firms.
- Delegates will get an opportunity to forge relationships with other practice managers, and it will enable you to go away having exchanged your contact details, some have gone on to form support groups in their local area.
What will it cover?
- Have a plan!
- Motivating/de-motivating Factors
- Economic Environment
- Operating Cycle
- What is your leadership style?
- Leadership theories
- Lead, Motivate and Inspire!
- Emotional Intelligence
- What is management?
- Styles of management
- Theories behind good management
- Time Management Tools
- Training & Development
- Managing Change
- Recruitment & Selection
- Complaints & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Project Management
- Business Processes
Themes, such as culture, will run throughout many of these topics
What are the costs?
A full day training, workbook & full lunch is included.
- ILFM Members £175.50
- Non Members £265.50
- ILFM Members £195.00
- Non Members £295.00
Not a Member? You can join to get the generous Membership savings. It's just £105+VAT per year More info or to join..
6 CPD points can be claimed
"The Practice Management course has lots of interesting aspects which can't all be discussed in detail with the time available, however, the comprehensive notes given allow for review of items discussed afterwards with plenty to consider. Sarah Charlton held our attention with ease and our group made it a comfortable relaxed environment to compare how many various ways we all had of accomplishing similar goals." JS St Helens