(1 Hours CPD) From just £85
This online session provides clarity and guidance for identifying and managing residual balances in law firms.
Those in legal finance or management, providing training on the SRA Accounts Rules and published guidance on returning client money promptly. If you are new to your role or require a refresher on the subject.
- What a residual balance is.
- The issue of returning client money promptly and why it is such a challenge for law firms and regulators.
- The SRA Accounts Rules and published guidance around residual balances.
- Risks and implications of not having effective systems and controls in place to identify and manage residual balances.
- Examples of robust systems and controls you could implement in your firm to aid compliance and mitigate risk.
- Case studies and recent reported SDT decisions.
1 hour of CPD training applicable.